Doug Divine focuses his practice on Real Estate and Business Law.
In the area of Real estate, he is active in providing service in a general Real Estate practice, including title exams, title insurance (Chicago Title Insurance Company / National Fidelity authorized agent), secured lending, mortgages, home loan and business loan closings, land and title dispute resolution, sales and purchases of real and personal property, agricultural properties, recreational properties and residential and commercial properties, IRC Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges of like kind properties, and Pre-manufactured Home sales and financing.
Mr. Divine is experienced in the areas of Corporate and entity formation services; Probate and Estate planning services, including Will drafting, Health Care Directives, Powers of Attorney, Living Wills and the Probate and Administration of decedent’s estates.
He represents several Lending Institutions, Automobile dealerships, Credit and Collection Agencies and other secured and unsecured leaders. Mr. Divine’s practice includes creditor, lending institution, Banking representation and business dispute resolution; debt collection, creditor representation in Bankruptcy Court and real property foreclosures.
Wake Forest University School of Law (J.D.-May, 1980)
Valdosta State College (B.A.-August, 1977) Political Science
Admissions to Practice
- Licensed to practice Law in all Superior, State, Magistrate and Probate Courts, State of Georgia, June 9, 1980
- Licensed to practice before the Court of Appeals, November 10, 1982
- Licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of Georgia, November 10, 1982
- Licensed to practice in the United States District Court, June 1983
Admissions and Certifications
- Member Georgia Bar Association
- Certified Arbitrator for Court Annexed Arbitration Program, U.S. District Court
- Certified Arbitrator, State of Georgia, Supreme Court Office of Dispute Resolution approved Arbitrator, U.S.A. & M
- Approved Arbitrator for Dougherty County Superior Court ADR Program
- State Bar of Georgia fee dispute resolution Arbitrator
- March of Dimes Board of Directors 1986-1992
- Member Five Division Consolidation Steering Committee 1991-1992
- Chair of Nominating Committee, 1990-1992
- Volunteer, American Cancer Society, American Heart Association 1988-Present
- Adjunct Professor, Darton State College, Paralegal program, 1994- 2005
- Deerfield-Windsor School Board of Trustees member, 2008- 2013